Re: Canonical XML error

On 9/7/11 10:51 AM, "Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com"
<Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:

>It is  the job of an XML document author to produce well-formed XML
>before any considerations of signing/encryption and XML Canonicalization.
>Any required escaping happens before security processing, and there are a
>variety of choices that can be made
> for such escaping, as well as other representation of information.
>Canonical XML is agnostic to these choices.

I think his point is that in the process of following the spec, c14n
replaces those character references with the actual characters. So I think
the result of that is non-well-formed. I can't recall if it's an explicit
guarantee of c14n that the output be well-formed. I suspect it was a goal,
but not a guarantee. If so, it's not a bug, but perhaps something to
address in 2.0.

-- Scott