Re: Importing 1.0 while normatively referencing 1.1 ( LC-2544) ( LC-2561)

It seems to me that what Makoto is saying makes sense, by asking

Is there a way to leverage schema validation tools so that if material from sig11 is referenced from within an enc11 instance we can obtain validation of the sig11 material from the tools?

This question must have come up before and must have been resolved, perhaps by using import.

Apart from philosophy (I've read the rest of the thread), is there any practical reason not to do what Makoto is suggesting? (are we concerned with loading the unneeded schema definitions for some reason?)