Re: Importing 1.0 while normatively referencing 1.1 ( LC-2544)

Makoto

We have corrected gh-example.xml (found in the generic-hybrid-ciphers Drafts directory, not sure which path you followed to reach it).

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Aug/0096.html

The correction to the example file did not require any schema file changes.

thanks

On Aug 19, 2011, at 9:39 PM, ext MURATA Makoto wrote:

> I have to revisit this issue, since a test document gh-example.xml (in
> the directory "xml encryption test files")
> has
>
>  <ds:KeyInfo>
>    <dsig11:ECKeyValue>
>      <dsig11:NamedCurve URI="urn:oid:1.2.840.10045.3.1.7"/>
>      <dsig11:PublicKey>DEADBEEF</dsig11:PublicKey>
>    </dsig11:ECKeyValue>
>  </ds:KeyInfo>
>
> To validate this ECKeyValue element, we need the schema for Signature 1.1.
>
> But this example document might be simply incorrect.  I see other errors
> such as
>
>    Algorithm="http://www.w3.org/2009/xmlenc11#GenericHybridCipher"
>
> which is not a valid algorithm identifer.  Is my copy obsolete?
>
> Regards,
> Makoto
>
> 2011/8/19 MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>:
>> Agreed.  Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Makoto
>>
>> 2011/8/17  <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>:
>>>
>>>  Dear MURATA Makoto ,
>>>
>>> The XML Security Working Group has reviewed the comments you sent [1] on
>>> the Last Call Working Draft [2] of the XML Encryption Syntax and Processing
>>> Version 1.1 published on 13 May 2010. Thank you for having taken the time
>>> to review the document and to send us comments!
>>>
>>> The Working Group's response to your comment is included below.
>>>
>>> Please review it carefully and let us know by email at
>>> public-xmlsec@w3.org if you agree with it or not before 22 August 2011. In
>>> case of disagreement, you are requested to provide a specific solution for
>>> or a path to a consensus with the Working Group. If such a consensus cannot
>>> be achieved, you will be given the opportunity to raise a formal objection
>>> which will then be reviewed by the Director during the transition of this
>>> document to the next stage in the W3C Recommendation Track.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> For the XML Security Working Group,
>>> Thomas Roessler
>>> W3C Staff Contact
>>>
>>>  1.
>>> http://www.w3.org/mid/CALvn5EAQnAT-i4xB0HV+29ta0fp=ijcg77BfofM3o1x44U0jQg@mail.gmail.com
>>>  2. http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-xmlenc-core1-20100513/
>>>

>>> =====
>>>
>>> Your comment on 9.1 XSD Schema XML Encryption Core Schema Instance
>>> xenc-sc...:
>>>

>>> Working Group Resolution (LC-2544):
>>> The working group decided to not make any change here as
>>> xenc-schema-11.xsd does not require any definitions from
>>> xmldsig-11-schema.xsd. All that is required is ds:DigestMethod from