Re: proposed XML Encryption 1.1 changes related to OAEP

On 10/5/11 12:27 PM, "Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com"
<Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:

>1. define new optional attribute to EncryptionMethod to convey MGF for
>OAEP

Can't, not without changing the namespace of the EncryptionMethod element.
I don't think it's attribute extensible either. You'd have to define a new
child element in the 1.1 namespace, I think:

<MaskGenerationFunction Algorithm="..."/>

>2. change URI for RSA-OAEP not to assume specific MGF (e.g. decouple to
>allow change to MGF). This is a significant change to decouple MGF
>definition from algorithm definition

Wouldn't we have to leave the old algorithm in place also? So we're
basically clarifying how the old one is supposed to work, and then adding
a new version that adds MGF pluggability.

-- Scott