Re: DSig2.0 examples V2.0

Frederick, see below.

Am 28.03.2011 22:51, schrieb Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com:
> Meiko
>
> In my opinion it would  be better to use the standard WS-Security syntax to be clear how 2.0 Signature fits in, also to avoid the possible misinterpretation that the SOAP aspect of the example is incorrect.
As I said, I'm fine with this, it is definitely more intuitive.
> We can put a warning note in the document that this is a 2.0 Signature illustration that thus has not been standardized as part of WSS (but should plug in seamlessly if the Signature 2.0 processing is supported in the XML Security layer).
Agreed, a note would be reasonable. I just saw the OASIS WS-Security TC
is closed, does anyone know whether and how they will adopt XML
Signature 2.0? I mean, if they never will, it wouldn't make sense to use
SOAP+WS-Security as an example, right?
> To be clear you are saying the ex declaration needs to be on the soap:Envelope, we might want to add text noting this along with the example.
It is not necessarily to be declared in the soap Envelope, but it must
be bound at both the ex:operation element and the dsig2:ExcludedXPath,
with both declaring it for the same uri. The most convenient way for
this is having it once in the Envelope. However, technically, it would
be correct to declare it twice, once in the operation element (or in the
SOAP Body), and once in the ExcludedXPath element (or at any of its
ancestors)---as long as both declarations point to the same uri.

best regards

Meiko