Re: ACTION 772: Add wording about using IncludedXPath in favor of PositionAssertion

On 3/8/11 10:02 AM, "Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com"
<Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com> wrote:
>should the first sentence read "signers" instead of "verifiers"?
>
>> While using the PositionAssertion feature allows more flexibility in
>> accomodating XPath-unaware verifiers

Could be either or both, I guess. The signer needs enough XPath knowledge
to be able to put the paths into the assertion, but I suppose that's
different than being able to evaluate them.

What was meant was that using ID + assertion means that the verifier
doesn't *have* to support XPath to verify the signature (like today), but
as was pointed out, without XPath, you can't do so safely, thus the
warning.

Maybe just make it "signers and verifiers".

-- Scott