XML Security Working Group Teleconference

25 Jan 2011


See also: IRC log


Frederick_Hirsch, Cynthia_Martin, Chris_Solc, Scott_Cantor, Magnus_Nystrom, Pratik_Datta, Bruce_Rich, Meiko_Jensen, Shivaram_Mysore, Brian_LaMacchia, Thomas_Roessler, Gerald_Edgar


<trackbot> Date: 25 January 2011


<fjh> ScribeNick: csolc

<fjh> No meeting 1 February. Next meeting 8 February.

<fjh> TPAC 2011, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2011Jan/0001.html

Minutes Approval

<fjh> Approve minutes, 18 January 2011

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jan/att-0051/minutes-2011-01-18.html

RESOLUTION: Minutes from 18 January 2011 are approved.

XML Security 1.1 CR

Documents for CR: XML Signature 1.1, XML Encryption 1.1, XML Security Properties, XML Security Generic Hybrid Ciphers

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jan/0054.html

<fjh> Signature 1.1 Reference and explanation review

<Cynthia> I will do that

<fjh> Check links to sections of external documents for correctness - XML Encryption 1.1 and XML Signature 1.1

<fjh> Need direct link for X9.52 (not a blocker for CR) - is fixed, with

<fjh2> [SP800-67]

<magnus> That was for X9.52...

<fjh> Need RFC for ECC-ALGS (but not a blocker for CR)

<fjh> Update 1.1 cross references when going to CR

tlr: the IPR language re ECC for CR status is work is in progress
... will send a pointer to the group to the list, before going to CR

1.1 Requirements

<fjh> Plan to publish in conjunction with 1.1 CR documents

Plan to publish in conjunction with 1.1 CR documents Completed ReSpec conversion and editorial updates, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jan/0053.html (Frederick) Added new section for "correction of known issues" in XML Security, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jan/0060.html (Frederick)

<fjh> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html

<fjh> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html#correct-issues

RESOLUTION: The group will publish an update of the 1.1 Requirements documents

RELAX NG Schemas

<fjh> RELAX NG Schemas draft updated since last 31 August publication.

RESOLUTION: The Group will Publish update of RELAX NG schemas in conjunction with 1.1 CR publications

XML Security 2.0

<fjh> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jan/0061.html

<fjh> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-20/#sec-ReferenceProcessing

fjh: please review the changes to the 2.0 Security Spec

scantor: need to look at sections 10 and 11
... some of the material may belong in best practices

<fjh> section 10 might be compatibility mode related, need to check, XML Canonicalization and Syntax Constraint Considerations

<fjh> section11, need review, Security Considerations

<fjh> also ordering of sections at end of doc

<fjh> might move 5.3.2-44 to 9.6, consider in reviewing

Status of 2.0 related actions

<fjh> ACTION-753?

<trackbot> ACTION-753 -- Scott Cantor to work on creating 2.0 example for Signature 2.0 -- due 2010-12-21 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/753

<fjh> ACTION-763?

<trackbot> ACTION-763 -- Pratik Datta to review ISSUE-198 and where algorithm should be placed -- due 2011-01-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/763

Planning for Last Call

fjh: ensure drafts are in good shape

don't want to delay, should be ready for next call.

can anyone do anything to help to get drafts ready.

<fjh> ACTION-759?

<trackbot> ACTION-759 -- Pratik Datta to update requirements section of c14n2 with context/exclusive c14n requirement and description -- due 2011-01-11 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/759

<fjh> ACTION: pdatta to update signature 2.0 related to id and XPath [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/25-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-773 - Update signature 2.0 related to id and XPath [on Pratik Datta - due 2011-02-01].


<fjh> derived key tests have been completed between Microsoft and IBM, test directory updated, see http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/interop/xmlenc11/DerivedKeys/

<fjh> http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/Interop#XML_Encryption_1.1_Derived_Keys


please review 1.1 docs and 2.0 draft

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: pdatta to update signature 2.0 related to id and XPath [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/01/25-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009-03-02 03:52:20 $