CURIEs

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 11:50:16 +0100
Cc: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
To: public-xmlsec@w3.org
The latest definition of CURIEs is in the RDFa 1.1 Core Working Draft:
	http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-core/

My understanding is that CURIEs do not use XML namespaces at all, and instead have their own prefix binding mechanism using a @prefix attribute.  That attribute, in turn, comes without a namespace, and it therefore depends on the host language whether it is actually used for RDFa, or if a @prefix attribute that's encountered means something else altogether.

After discussion with Ivan, our conclusion was that we shouldn't bother with CURIEs in XML Signature 2.0.

(ACTION-760, ACTION-761)

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>  (@roessler)