Re: [widgets] How to divorce widgets-digsig from Elliptic Curve PAG?

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:25:01 +0100
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: XMLSec <public-xmlsec@w3.org>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, "Hirsch Frederick (Nokia-CIC/Boston)" <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, "public-webevents@w3.org" <public-webevents@w3.org>, ext Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
Hi Art,

the pessimistic XMLSECPAG chair told you that it wouldn't resolve within days.
But I hope to have a clear view and plan by the end of January. Executing that
plan may take some time. Plan is to resolve until end of March, if everything
goes well. Well meaning a decision of the PAG and the execution thereof, not
necessarily finding a way to destroy the disclosed patents.

The three years can be explained by very promising negotiations with Certicom
on an RF license that finally failed because of an overreaching clause on
defensive suspension. We were really close to a resolution.

Best,

Rigo
XMLSEC PAG Chair