Re: [widgets] How to divorce widgets-digsig from Elliptic Curve PAG?

+1 for Marcos' position. If the W3C performed compliance testing, then it
would perhaps be more appropriate to reference specific versions, at least
in a compliance test specification.  However, the W3C has historically not
defined compliance test specifications or perform compliance testing of
either content, servers, or clients.

Instead, external organizations that do have an interest in compliance have
published compliance test specifications that do make reference to specific
versions. I think this approach is more appropriate and more consistent
with W3C practices. This provides a compromise between the W3C's need to
innovate and author and device manufacturer needs to define a level of
interoperability consistent with some compliance test specifications. Many
(most?) authors don't particularly care about strict compliance. Only in
certain industries and content domains is compliance assigned a high
priority.

Let W3C specs use non-specific references where it makes sense, and let
other organizations (or even the W3C if desired) define separate
specifications that map these non-specific references to specific
references in the context of a specific compliance test specification.

Regards,
Glenn