wording mistake in XML Enc 1.1

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:52:26 +0100
Cc: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, Tibor Jager <tibor.jager@gmail.com>, Juraj Somorovsky <juraj.somorovsky@rub.de>
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Tiber Jäger points out to me that the current draft for XML Enc 1.1 has a minor wording mistake:

> AES-GCM [SP800-38D] is an authenticated encryption mechanism. It is equivalent to doing these two operations in one step - HMAC signing followed by AES-CBC encryption.

Correction:

> AES-GCM […] is an authenticated encryption mechanism. It is equivalent to do these two operations in one step, AES encryption followed by HMAC signing.

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlenc-core-11/Overview.html#sec-AES-GCM

(The point is to authenticate the ciphertext, not the plaintext.)

--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>  (@roessler)