media type registration (Re: Draft minutes from 16 August 2011)

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 16:56:51 +0200
Cc: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>, <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
To: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Apologies for not participating in the call.

I see this in the minutes:

> fjh: proposal to remove section 8, XML Encryption Media Type registration from
> this document, or restructure as note with reference
>
> ... we could put copy of registration into CVS as separate document and then
> reference as informational document
>
> alternatively put reference in line
>
> <scribe> **ACTION:** fjh to check with tlr re removing (and archiving) section
> 8 from xml encryption 1.1 [recorded in [http://www.w3.org/2011/08/16-xmlsec-
> minutes.html#action03][25]]

(ACTION-826.)

In a nutshell, the answer to this one is in this document:
	http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype.html

Media type registrations must be part of specifications.  What this reminds me of, though, is to ask for review of this updated registration on ietf-types.

Thanks,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>  (@roessler)