Re: Importing 1.0 while normatively referencing 1.1

From: Cantor, Scott <cantor.2@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:45:40 +0000
To: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
CC: "Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com" <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>, "public-xmlsec@w3.org" <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
On 8/15/11 10:34 PM, "MURATA Makoto" <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp> wrote:

>> .... What's being reused? If it's not 1.1 stuff,
>> then no, it's not an error.
>
>If this is the case, the normative reference to 1.1 is an error.

The normative reference to the specification has nothing to do with what
the schema is. There are, I expect, processing semantics and other changes
related to 1.1 that are intended by the reference, and if nothing else,
there's just the expectation that it would be pointing to the most recent
version.