X509IssuerSerial alternatives in WS Security specification

The Web Services Security X.509 Certificate Token Profile 1.1 document

http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/v1.1/wss-v1.1-spec-errata-os-x509TokenProfile.pdf

talks about different ways of referring to a certificate

1) Using SKI
     <ds:KeyInfo>
        <wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
           <wsse:KeyIdentifier EncodingType="...#Base64Binary" ValueType="...#X509SubjectKeyIdentifier">
               MIGfMa0GCSq.
          </wsse:KeyIdentifier>
        </wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
     </ds:KeyInfo>

2) Using Direct reference
     <ds:KeyInfo>
        <wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
           <wsse:Reference URI="#binaryToken"/>
        </wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
     </ds:KeyInfo>

3) Using IssuerSerial
     <ds:KeyInfo>
        <wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
          <ds:X509Data>
            <ds:X509IssuerSerial>
              <ds:X509IssuerName>
                 DC=ACMECorp, DC=com
              </ds:X509IssuerName>
              <ds:X509SerialNumber>12345678</ds:X509SerialNumber>
            </ds:X509IssuerSerial>
          </ds:X509Data>
        </wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
     </ds:KeyInfo>

4) Using Thumbprint
     <ds:KeyInfo>
        <wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
           <wsse:KeyIdentifier ValueType="...#ThumbprintSHA1" >
             LKiQ/CmFrJDJqCLFcjlhIsmZ/+0=
           </wsse:KeyIdentifier>
        </wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
     </ds:KeyInfo>

If you see, some of them build on XML Sig mechanisms e.g. IssuerSerial, and some of them are different e.g. the SKI and direct, and some of them are new e.g. Thumbprint. We need to have a Thumbprint equivalent in XML Sig.

Pratik