Re: EnvelopedSignature in Dsig2.0

From: Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 12:27:52 -0400
To: Pratik Datta <pratik.datta@oracle.com>
Cc: public-xmlsec@w3.org
> We need to decide if we are going to remove it.

 We definitely want to remove it, but we hadn't finished dealing with the problem yet.

 > I also added this line in section “6.8 "2.0 Mode" Canonicalization Algorithms” in the Oct 16th draft.
> “Note: The input passed to Canonicalization must always exclude the current <Signature> node. I.e. the <Signature> must be passed as one of the exclusion elements. This is equivalent to always having an implicit Enveloped Signature Transform. “

 > And this one too  in section “4.4.3.8 The dsig2:Selection Element”
> “In the first case, the current Signature node must be added as an exclusion, even if it is not explicitly excluded by the Selection”

I had an action item to look at expressing the Signature element to the c14n step, but I think you basically just did it. I think I was planning to propose adding it as an optional input to the algorithm, but this is better since exclusions are already part of the interface.