Re: Objection to dead list and Fwd: EXC-XML-C14N ambiguity in processing InclusiveNamespaces PrefixList with undefined prefix

Sampo

The XML Security WG considered the concern you noted regarding Exclusive Canonicalization at our last teleconference on 16 November 2010 [1]  and decided that no change is needed.

The rationale is that if an unknown prefix were to be provided in the prefix list it would have no impact as it would not have any match during the algorithm processing, and thus could safely be ignored.
Thus there is no need for special language to handle this case.

Regarding the mailing list, we are investigating whether it can have its traffic forwarded to our currently active mailing list ( which is on the cc list of this email).

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Nov/att-0020/minutes-2010-11-16.html#item12

For tracker, this should close ACTION-731