From: Scott Cantor [mailto:cantor.2@osu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:20 AM
To: Pratik Datta; XMLSec WG Public List
Subject: RE: ACTION-574: proposal on prefix rewriting

> I realized that a URI is a sequence of characters, it can't be digested
> unless it is converted to bytes. For this I am proposing that we use US-
> ASCII encoding, because URI are limited to US-ASCII characters aren't they
?

No, they're not, although it tends to be good practice in namespace URIs to
avoid pushing it and using IRIs or appending crazy path info. Your proposal
seems to be to force them to be normalized into US-ASCII by URL encoding any
character points that aren't. We should check on that to make sure that's
sufficiently well-defined, but it sounds reasonable.

-- Scott