W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > July 2010

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2010-07-06

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 17:48:24 +0200
To: <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <ADBD19F2-20E6-4C74-AC5F-5D3228C731B0@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG Distributed Meeting #73,  6 July  2010  Distributed Meeting

Regrets: Shivaram_Mysore, Ed_Simon, Thomas_Roessler

Logistics details and links to information at the bottom of this email.

1) Administrivia: Scribe confirmation, Agenda review, Meeting  Planning, Liaisons, Announcements

1a) Announcements

TPAC registration open (XML Security F2F 1-2 November 2010)

Please complete WG attendance questionnaire as well as TPAC registration if attending in person:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2010Jul/0001.html

2) Minutes Approval

Approve 29 June 2010 minutes

<http://www.w3.org/2010/06/29-xmlsec-minutes.html>

Proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 29 June 2010 approved.

3)   Elliptic Curve Status

No W3C Team update expected until after 6 July meeting.

4) Last Call Comments

Last Call period concluded 10 June 2010.

4a) Proposal for LC-2387 resolution

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Jun/0003.html (Frederick Hirsch)

awaiting review from Thomas, ACTION-585

5) Canonical XML 2.0

5a)  Actions

ACTION-576 (Pratik)

ACTION-594 (Scott)

ACTION-597 (Pratik)

6) XML Signature 2.0

6a) Schema update issue

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Jun/0013.html (Pratik Datta)

ACTION-600 (tlr)

6b) Indicate number of bytes digested for each ds:Reference?

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Jun/0068.html (Pratik Datta)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Jun/0070.html (Chris Solc)

6c) Actions

ACTION-590 (Pratik)

ACTION-589 (Pratik)

7) Best Practices

7a) Editorial update

section 2.2.2 to revise the text, to note that signing empty XPath result is not always an error, ACTION-603, ISSUE-207

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2010Jul/0000.html (Frederick)

7b) ACTION-586, Meiko Jensen, Draft text about XPath risks for BP document

8) Test Cases and Interop

ACTION-280, 	Produce test cases for derived keys,	Magnus Nyström

ACTION-411,	Perform measurement related to transform octet conversion,	Pratik Datta

Next steps?

9)  Action and Issue Review

9a) Open Action Review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:

<http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html>

ACTION-538, 	Provide proposal related to namespace wrapping attacks once XPath profile available,	Meiko Jensen

ACTION-553, 	Contact implementers known from hmac affair	Thomas Roessler

ACTION-581, 	make proposal around IDness of attributes	Scott Cantor

9b) Close Pending actions

These will be closed after the meeting unless concern raised before  or  during meeting. Please review in advance of meeting.

ACTION-540: Frederick Hirsch to Ask Makoto regarding implementations and interop

ACTION-552: Frederick Hirsch to Ask on list about interop and implemention plans for 1.1 features, including encryption and also 2.0

ACTION-592: Thomas Roessler to Set up dial-in v attendance questionnaire for TPAC 2010

ACTION-601: Thomas Roessler to Copy http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2010Jun/att-0007/minutes-2010-06-22.html to http://www.w3.org/2010/06/22-xmlsec-minutes.html

ACTION-602: Frederick Hirsch to to figure out what ACTION-597 is

ACTION-603: Frederick Hirsch to Update best practice for ISSUE-207

9c)  Issue Review

<http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/open>

ISSUE-162	OPEN	Need to reconcile new 2.0 processing model/transform with legacy Object/Manifest material

close with completion of ACTION-544?

ISSUE-140 OPEN	Clarify how XPath is interpreted relative to entire document and ds:Reference

ISSUE-183	OPEN	Constrain 2.0 SignedInfo canonicalization choice for 2.0 model?

10) Other Business

11) Adjourn

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG

Scribing  list
----------------
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (14 July 2009)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (20 October 2009, 13 May 2009 F2F pm)
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert (6 November 2009 F2F, 23 June 2009)
John Wray, IBM (15 Dec 2009, 1 Sept 2009)
Sean Mullan, Sun (12 January 2010, 6 October 2009)
Chris Solc, Adobe (26 January 2010, 8 December 2009)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (2 February 2010, 27 October 2009)
Aldrin d'Souza, EMC (9 Feb 2010)
Cynthia Martin, MITRE (2 March 2010, 17 November 2009)
Karel Wouters IBBT, (9 March 2010)
Bruce Rich, IBM (30 March 2010)
Magnus Nyström, Microsoft (27 April, 2010, 2 June, 2009)
Thomas Roessler (4 May, 2010, 20 April 2010)
Meiko Jensen (11 May, 2010)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (25 May 2010, 6 November 2009 F2F)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (1 June 2010, 24 Nov 2009)
Ed Simon, Invited Expert (15 June 2010, 25 January 2010)
Gerald Edgar, Boeing (22 June 2010, 13 April 2010)

Logistics Info:

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')

IRC Chat: irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec

Web-based IRC (member-only): <http://irc.w3.org/?channels=xmlsec>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted  to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  
chair.

Scribe Instructions: <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

Liaison information: <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

Publication Status available at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/PublicationStatus

Roadmap at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/Roadmap>
---
Received on Friday, 2 July 2010 15:50:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 2 July 2010 15:50:18 GMT