Editorial Update: Moved RNG schema materials Standalone RNC Schema Note

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 11:31:57 -0500
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Makoto MURATA <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
It appears that the Relax NG schema material is still not stable,
given that we have had updates over the weekend. As Chair I believe we
should be able to go to Last Call tomorrow with XML Signature 1.1 and
XML Signature Properties. I also believe it is important to be able to
update RNG schemas if necessary.

To this end I think we should decouple the schedules while still
having the benefits of the RNG Schema definitions.

To this end I've make a separate "XML Security RELAXNG Schemas" draft
(to become a W3C Note) but so that it is found have referenced it from
the other documents.

Thus I've made the following changes

(1)  I've changed XML Signature 1.1, XML Signature Properties and XML
Encryption 1.1 to state the following in the RNG Schema section:

[[
This section is non-normative.

Non-normative RELAXNG schema [RELAXNG-SCHEMA] information is available
in a separate document [XMLSEC-RELAXNG].

]]

I've also added a new document

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-rngschema/Overview.html

and corresponding informative reference:

[XMLSEC-RELAXNG] Frederick Hirsch. XML Security RELAXNG Schemas. 28
January 2010. W3C Working Draft. (Work in progress.) URL: http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-rngschema/Overview.html

I suggest we add Makoto as an author, if that is appropriate.

Please review before tomorrow's call.