Re: RNG schema plans

From: MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 10:16:59 +0900
To: "'XMLSec WG Public List'" <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Murata <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
I think that the conversation revealed underspecified points.  Are
elements of the namespace "http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"
allowed as children of CanonicalizationMethod elements when
the value of the Algorithm attribute is neither
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315",
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xml-c14n-20010315#WithComments",
"http://www.w3.org/2006/12/xml-c14n11", nor
"http://www.w3.org/2006/12/xml-c14n11#WithComments"?  I do not think
that the spec is clear enough.  I would argue that they should be
disallowed, and most XMLers would expect so.

I would also argue that permissible children are not absolutely
clear also when the value of @Algorithm  is one of the four
mentioned above.  Are foreign elements allowed as children?
I have similar questions whenever xsd:any is used in the schema.

Frederick wrote:
> We ...  do not have time to revise
> this schema over time

I revised the schemas.  If the answer to the first question is yes,
please use

any-containing-xmldsig.rnc.mod
any-containing-xmldsig11-properties.rnc.mod
any-containing-xmldsig11.rnc.mod

rather than

any-containing-xmldsig.rnc
any-containing-xmldsig11-properties.rnc
any-containing-xmldsig11.rnc

All the schema files are contained in the attached zip file.  I made
sure that everything validates.

Cheers,
Makoto