Next steps for XPath profiles in conjunction with XML Security WG?

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:14:51 -0500
To: ext Bob Freund <bob@freunds.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>, public-ws-resource-access@w3.org
Bob and members of WS-RA WG:

The XML Security WG and WS-RA WG met during the TPAC F2F and discussed
XPath profiling and the possibility of creating a single XPath
profiles document [1] [2].

The XML Security WG created XMLSec WG ISSUE-152 - Add pratik as author
to xpath subset document if produced by ws-ra

I'd like to check on the status of the WS-RA XPath subset document and
also revisit whether we can and should create a single XPath profiles
document.

We currently have text in our XML Signature 2.0 editors draft [3] and
Pratik is in the process of revising this document.

This would be a good time to decide whether to complete a single XPath
profile document and further rationalize the current drafts.

What do you think?

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG

[1] ws-ra minutes: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/9/11/2009-11-05.html#item06

[2] xmlsec minutes: http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-xmlsec-minutes.html#item06

[3] http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-20/#spec-xpath-subset

For tracker, this message should complete ACTION-481