Proposed addition to Signature Properties editors draft

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:58:34 -0500
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
In reviewing the Signature Properties editors draft, I noticed an
oversight - it does not state where the properties should be placed.

I've entered a new ISSUE-73, with the following proposal, which I
believe should be implemented before last call. Any objections or
corrections to the proposal?

Issue:
The Signature Properties specification defines signature properties to
be used with XML Signature. The intent is that every property be
placed within a ds:SignatureProperty element, contained within a
ds:SignatureProperties element within ds:Object, according to XML
Signature. This is not stated explicitly within the Signature
Properties specification and should be.

  Proposal:
  Add new section 5 after section 4, Usage scenarios and Requirements.
Renumber subsequent sections.
  Define new section as follows:
[[
  5. Signature Properties Placement
The Signature Properties defined in this specification are intended to
be used with XML Signature [XML-Signature-11].
  When a Signature Property element defined by this specification is
used within an XML Signature it MUST be contained within a
ds:SignatureProperty element.
  This ds:SignatureProperty element MUST be contained within a
ds:SignatureProperties element.
  The ds:SignatureProperties element MUST be contained within a
ds:Object element within the ds:Signature element.
]]

Comment?