Proposed addition to Signature Properties editors draft

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:58:34 -0500
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
In reviewing the Signature Properties editors draft, I noticed an
oversight - it does not state where the properties should be placed.

I've entered a new ISSUE-73, with the following proposal, which I
believe should be implemented before last call. Any objections or
corrections to the proposal?

The Signature Properties specification defines signature properties to
be used with XML Signature. The intent is that every property be
placed within a ds:SignatureProperty element, contained within a
ds:SignatureProperties element within ds:Object, according to XML
Signature. This is not stated explicitly within the Signature
Properties specification and should be.

  Add new section 5 after section 4, Usage scenarios and Requirements.
Renumber subsequent sections.
  Define new section as follows:
  5. Signature Properties Placement
The Signature Properties defined in this specification are intended to
be used with XML Signature [XML-Signature-11].
  When a Signature Property element defined by this specification is
used within an XML Signature it MUST be contained within a
ds:SignatureProperty element.
  This ds:SignatureProperty element MUST be contained within a
ds:SignatureProperties element.
  The ds:SignatureProperties element MUST be contained within a
ds:Object element within the ds:Signature element.