C14N2.0 minor issues

From: Meiko Jensen <Meiko.Jensen@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Date: 13 Aug 2010 16:41:19 +0200
To: "XMLSec WG Public List" <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
My student found some minor issues with the Canonical XML Version 2.0
Document (Draft of 07 August):

1) chapters 4.7 and 4.8 contradict 2.3 (and I think the 2.3 description
is correct here) by saying that a newline has to be added *before* a PI
if we are *before* the document node and *after* the PI if we are
*after* the document node. I'd think it has to be the other way round,
to separate PI and document node by a newline (as said in 2.3)

2) 4.10 says that if prefixRewrite is set to none you'd have to "sort
the nsToBeOutputList by the prefix", while in the other two cases it
says to "sort the nsToBeOutputList by URI". I'm not sure what the
correct behaviour is here, but I'm wondering on why we have this
differentiation...

3) Example 2.5.3.2 for sequential prefix rewriting starts with "n1"
though the text in 2.5.2 says the counter starts with 0.

Meiko

--
Dipl.-Inf. Meiko Jensen
Chair for Network and Data Security