Re: ACTION-612: Schema addition to c14n 2 draft for qnameAware parameter

suggestions  inline

On Jul 28, 2010, at 2:31 PM, ext Scott Cantor wrote:

> Should we rename section 3 to "Use in XML Signature 2.0"?

Suggest the following changes:

Rename section 2 from "XML Canonicalization" to "Canonical XML 2.0"

Rename section 3 from "Use in XML Security" to "Use of Canonical XML 2.0 in XML Security"

Add subsection 3.1 "Use of Canonical XML 2.0 in XML Signature 2.0"

Add subsection 3.2 "Use of Canonical XML 2.0 in XML Encryption 1.1"

Move first paragraph of 3.1 to end, as a Note:

"Note: Exclusive Canonicalization may be used as a canonicalization algorithm in XML Digital Signature [XMLDSIG-CORE2], via the <ds:CanonicalizationMethod>."

Section 3.2:

Canonical XML 2.0 may also be used in XML Encryption 1.1, with changes as noted in the non-normative section " Serializing XML" of XML Encryption 1.1 [XMLENC-CORE1].

(Question - do we need to incorporate a revision of that section into C14N2?)

> The XsiTypeAware element should be removed, obviously.

yes

> Should we synchronize the parameter names in the table up above and in the
> text with the element names in the schema? Seems like it's confusing to have
> different case rules.

yes, I'd say go with the ones used in the schema

> Also, there are missing xs: prefixes in the definition for
> InclusiveNamespaces.

good catch

> The proposed schema for the new QName option is as follows. It's a bit
> confusing because it's using element and attribute names like Element and
> Name. ;-)
>
> <xs:element name="QNameAware">
>  <xs:complexType>
>    <xs:choice maxOccurs="unbounded">
>      <xs:element ref="Element"/>
>      <xs:element ref="QualifiedAttr"/>
>      <xs:element ref="UnqualifiedAttr"/>
>    <xs:sequence>
>  </xs:complexType>
> </xs:element>
>
> <xs:element name="Element">
>  <xs:complexType>
>    <xs:attribute name="Name" type="xs:NCName" use="required"/>
>    <xs:attribute name="NS" type="xs:anyURI"/>
>  </xs:complexType>
> </xs:element>
>
> <xs:element name="QualifiedAttr">
>  <xs:complexType>
>    <xs:attribute name="Name" type="xs:NCName" use="required"/>
>    <xs:attribute name="NS" type="xs:anyURI"/>
>  </xs:complexType>
> </xs:element>
>
> <xs:element name="UnqualifiedAttr">
>  <xs:complexType>
>    <xs:attribute name="Name" type="xs:NCName" use="required"/>
>    <xs:attribute name="ParentName" type="xs:NCName" use="required"/>
>    <xs:attribute name="ParentNS" type="xs:anyURI"/>
>  </xs:complexType>
> </xs:element>

how about using NCName instead of "Name"?

replace "Element" with "QNElement" ?

if this helps at all.