Updated shortnames for Publishing C14N 2.0 and XML Signature 2.0

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:30:20 -0400
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
We need to choose shortnames for C14N 2.0 and Signature 2.0 before
publishing First Public Working Drafts.

I suggest the following  short names for the 2.0 specifications  based
on the W3C version management guide[1]:

(1) C14N 2.0

shortname = xmldsig-c14n2

  "latest version" URI =  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-c14n2/

The C14N 2.0 draft would need to be updated to use this shortname, it
currently uses "xmldsig-c14n" which refers to the 1.0 version.

(2) XML Signature 2.0

shortname = xmldsig-core2

"latest version" URI =  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xmldsig-core2/

The Signature 2.0 draft would have to be updated to use this
shortname, it currently uses xmldsig-core-20
but I to be consistent with the W3C guide (and 1.1 which uses xmldsig-
core1) we should use xmldsig-core2

Any comment or suggestion? I would like to resolve the short names on
our next call as well as agreeing to publish.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/05/tr-versions#nsmgt