[urgent] XML Signature 2.0 namespace?

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 23:10:37 +0200
Cc: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
To: Pratik Datta <pratik.datta@oracle.com>, Frederick Hirsch <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
I'm working on the XML Signature 2.0 draft publication right now
(publication date is tomorrow), and see that we're using the following
namespaces in the XML Signature 2.0 draft:
    http://www.w3.org/2010/xmlsec/xmldsig2
    http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/2010/xmlsec/xmldsig2
Also, we seem to be using this URI to identify xml-c14n2:
   http://www.w3.org/2010/xmlsec/xml-c14n20

The namespaces for Signature 2.0 are entirely too long.  For C14N2,
I'd like to choose something that (a) matches the shortname, and (b)
isn't yet the final identifier.

Unless I hear strong objections, I'll change these namespaces and
identifiers as follows...

Algorithm identifier for the current version of c14n2 to dated URI of
spec (to be changed later):
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-xml-c14n2-20091022/
Namespace for XML dsig2:
   http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/experimental#

(The last namespace is one that we've previously used as an
experimental namespace.)

If you want something else, let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>