Re: Please review /TR/exi-impact

From: Ed Simon <edsimon@xmlsec.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:04:39 -0400
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Here are the results of my reviews of the "Efficient XML Interchange
(EXI) Impacts" document.

1. Change "can not" to "cannot" wherever it appears.

2. The document states "XML Signature can be used with EXI by
specifying an existing XML canonicalization algorithm" (section 4.1.1)
and "EXI has no impact on existing XML canonicalization algorithms"
(section 4.1.3). Have these statements been proven using programming
test cases? If so, where are these test cases?

3. Section 4.1.2, discussing XML Encryption, suggests a MIME Type is
needed to indicate content in EXI format. Should this not be provided
by the EXI specification rather than through XML Encryption?

4. We will need to keep this document in mind during the development
of version 2.0 of the XML Security specifications.

Regards,
Ed