Re: WS-Fragment: Another XPath subset

From: Ed Simon <edsimon@xmlsec.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:09:25 -0400
To: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Cc: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
I'm wondering if there should not be non-security-specific (though
security-aware) W3C specification for streamable XPath.

In other words, maybe streamable XPath work should be led by those
leading XPath (not the variety of other groups who need a streamable
XPath). Of course, input to a streamable XPath specification must
include input from the non-XPath groups.

Ideally, we would have one streamable XPath specification that fulfils
the needs of various applications.

Ed