Resolution of example issue in XML Signature, Second Edition

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 17:38:47 -0400
To: Makoto MURATA <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>, public-xmlsec-comments@w3.org
Makoto

Thank you for noting issues [1] with the example in XML Security,
Second Edition, section 9  ("Schema, DTD, Data Model, and Valid
Examples") [2].

The XML Security WG noted this as well as issues concerns with other
material in that section, so agreed to add an erratum recommending
that the section should  only contain the XML Signature Schema
Instance and XML Signature DTD material, and that all other material
should be removed [3].

This should resolve the issue you raised, which has been recorded as
ISSUE-145 [4]. Unless we hear otherwise we shall assume this resolves
the concern for you.

I also note that this issue does not reappear in XML Signature 1.1
which has retitled the section "Schema" and only contains schema
information [5].

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia