Re: ACTION-239: Investigate alternative source for material in X9.62

From: Magnus Nyström <magnus@rsa.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 11:34:02 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
To: public-xmlsec@w3.org
ACTION-239 was actually closed during the F2F, but just last week (5/20),
a new version of "SEC 1: Elliptic Curve Cryptography" was released by
Certicom and this version does include a description on how to generate
verifiably random curves. The description is stated to be "consistent"
with the procedure in X9.62 and, while not identical in text, the actual
algorithm - as best as I can tell - will yield the same results.

So it appears we know have a choice between keeping the X9.62 reference
in XMLDsig 1.1 or changing to reference SEC 1 version 2.0 instead.

-- Magnus