RE: RFC 5480 on Elliptic Curve Cryptography Subject Public Key Information

From: Scott Cantor <cantor.2@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:34:20 -0400
To: "'Frederick Hirsch'" <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Cc: <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Frederick Hirsch wrote on 2009-03-12:
> Do we have a concrete proposal of changes to the specification? If
> not, are you able to please generate a proposal on the list?

I believe I sent one and then we discussed it, but I can go back into the
minutes and produce another one. Actually, now that I'm remembering, I
believe the conclusion reached amongst myself and at least Brian was that we
shouldn't create a maintenance issue by separating the different key types
into their own elements, since the ASN.1 syntax includes an algorithm
identifier inside it. I'll double check.