Close Resolution on Issue-7 (EXI) ?

From: Edgar, Gerald <gerald.edgar@boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:11:45 -0700
To: "XMLSec WG Public List" <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
ID:  ISSUE-7 (edit)
State: OPEN
Title: Can exi be used by xmlsec wg as part of solution
Raised on: 2008-07-17
Product: v.next (Design for XML Signature V Next)

I move to close this, since we are using EXI in the specification
In the note at
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/transform-note/Overview.html

3.4.2.2 Canonical output need not be valid XML

Assuming that a canonicalization step is necessary to be performed as
the last step of reference processing before hashing of the resulting
octet-stream, the requirement that XML canonicalization produce valid
XML could be relaxed. Some interesting things can be done with this
relaxation - namespace prefixes can be expanded out, tag names in
closing tags can be omitted, and EXI serialization format can be used.

Gerald Edgar, CISSP
Enterprise Architecture & Information Security