Re: Proposed changes for properties document

On 18 Feb 2009, at 00:27, Frederick Hirsch wrote:

> Thanks for these suggested changes. By timezoned I assume you mean
> times must be expressed in UTC, if so would it be more obvious to
> state that times must be expressed as UTC (although timezoned is
> clear in conjunction with schema reference).

Since the time zone mechanism for dateTime expressions can do without
reference to some external database, I don't think we need to impose
UTC.

The main point here is that schema defines two different time scales,
and that comparison of an untimezoned and a timezoned value isn't well-
defined

(While I like the fact that every noun can be verbed in English, I
have to say that "timezoned" and "untimezoned" sound awful.)