Important: Updated XML Signature 1.1 Editors Draft - Please review

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:14:10 -0500
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
I have updated the XML Signature 1.1 Editors draft, please review it
for correctness and completeness before our 5 January call.

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/Overview.htm

I have reviewed all the changes since converting to ReSpec and
corrected all the errors found. You can see the  changes since the
conversion in a redline I created [1].

I have also successfully run it through the W3C validator and link
checker tools, again correcting all errors found. (ACTION-478). There
are some redirects remaining that we may consider for additional link
updates.

I also incorporated the following changes agreed in the WG:

ACTION-464, MgmtData change, reflecting review edits, changed title of
4.5.8

ACTION-466 Incorporate RSA key size text into document

ACTION-467 Add action-404 proposal into editors draft, history why
DERKeyValue is not child of KeyValue

ACTION-470 Change "see below" to link to section 6.2 in xml sig 1.1
(changed in a number of places)

ACTION-471 Add SHA-1 warning to 6.2.1 and fix DSS reference in sig 1.1

I made a minor change to the RSA key size text [2], changing

"This XML Signature 1.1 revision REQUIRES all conforming
implementations to support RSA signature generation and verification
with public keys at least 2048 bits in length. "

"All conforming implementations of XML Signature 1.1 MUST support RSA
signature generation and verification with public keys at least 2048
bits in length. "

The reason was to be able to use RFC2119 keyword MUST.

I updated the redline from XML Signature 2nd Edition [3].

Please review carefully as we plan to bring XML Signature 1.1 to Last
Call, deciding on 5 January meeting.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/snapshots/Overview-Respec-diff.html

[2] http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/Overview.htm#sec-PKCS1

[3] http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core-11/Overview_diff.htm