Re: Elliptic Curve issue status

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009, Frederick Hirsch wrote:

> Thanks Magnus. The XML Encryption redline was out of date, which is why I did
> not find it. I updated the redline. This means we can close ISSUE-103.
>
> Do you think we should keep ISSUE-92 open until we resolve the alternate
> design decision?

I think that's reasonable.

> It looks to me like we should keep the text in both 6.4.3 and 4.4.2.3 since
> they are not duplicates and seem appropriate for their sections, but what do
> others think?

It is not a major point but Section 4 is about the _syntax_ and section 6
is about the _algorithms_. It therefore seems to me to make more sense to
have normative text regarding algorithms in section 6 and not in section 4
(and in particular not have such text in two places - the text refers to
the same curve but in two different ways). Others?

-- Magnus