Close ISSUE-45, multiple recipients of signature?

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 18:07:36 -0400
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
If I read ISSUE-45 [1] correctly, I think the intent is to allow a
single signature to be directed to multiple recipients, with multiple
signature values corresponding to various keys, or to allow multiple
signatures to support key renewal.

If this is correct, it may be adequate to continue with the current
approach of having multiple ds:Signature elements to address this use
case, using countersigning where appropriate (renewal case).

If the current approach is acceptable (I believe so) and there is
nothing more to note on this issue, I suggest we close it with no

If you disagree, please post a proposed rationale and corresponding
suggested specification change.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/45