W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > October 2008

Agenda: F2F meeting, 20-21 October, TPAC, v4

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 16:46:26 -0400
Message-Id: <0F253C58-D484-4A7F-93BB-2F846739ACA3@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec) v4
20-21 October 2008 ( Monday - Tuesday )
F2F #2

v2 rearranged schedule, focus on requirements, add publishing best  
practices, details for agenda items.
v3 add discussion with Norm (#15 on Tuesday) , add NVDL with Rob (#20  
Tuesday), transform requirements (10b, Pratik)
v4 fix date typo on Tuesday, agenda updates  based on Monday F2F  
discussion

8:30 -18:00 each day, CET
see <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=21&year=2008&hour=8&min=30&sec=0&p1=195 
 >

TPAC Schedule
http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Schedule.html

Zakim Bridge:
  +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
<http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is restricted  
to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: see questionnaire results
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42458/tpac2008xmlsec/results

1) Welcome, Administrivia (8:30 - 9:00)

1a) Scribe selection for F2F

morning 20 October:
afternoon 20 October:
morning 21 October:
afternoon 21 October:

Scribe Instructions:
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

Scribing list: at end of agenda.

1b) Joint sessions during this F2F

Monday, 20 October:
XForms 11:00 - 12:30
EXI 14:00 - 15:30

Tuesday 21 October
WebApps 11am - noon

1c)   Meeting planning: weekly meetings

This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is  
cancelled.

Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

Next meeting
28 October.

25 November - Teleconference Cancelled
23 December, 30 December Teleconference Cancelled

1d) Liaisons and Coordination

See status at members page
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

2) Minutes Approval (9:00 - 9:05)

2a)  Minutes from 7 October 2008  for approval:

http://www.w3.org/2008/10/07-xmlsec-minutes

3) Best Practices (9:05 - 9:45)

3a) Updates to editors draft since 7 October

ACTION-79, provide synopses for each best practice and add implicit  
best practices (ISSUE-53), change wording related to implementations  
(ISSUE-55), and to update the status of the draft   based on ACTION-7  
proposal
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0019.html>  
(Frederick)

ACTION-78, added the XAdES reference for Action 78
changed one closing tag <:XPath> to </XPath> as pointed by Bruce http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0012.html
changed the comment in this sample to mention that ns1-ns99 namespaces  
are not used, and empty e2 element is repeated 100 times
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/att-0034/00-part 
 > Pratik

3b) Defer work on titles, ACTION-77 (Sean)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0028.html

3c) Defer issue from Juan Carlos?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0020.html

3d) Agree to public first public working draft of Best Practices?

How to handle example files when publishing?
Action to edit for publication
Action to bring to publication

4)  Requirements updates I (9:45 - 10:30)

4a) ACTION-73, Title, contents update (Magnus)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0029.html

Should assumptions be listed with each use case?

4b) Proposal for principles section
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0074.html,  
(Frederick)
4c)  Byte range signatures
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0011.html  
(Chris)
4d) Simple Signing Strawman requirements
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0032.html  
(Kelvin)
4e) Requirements based on NIST review
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0033.html  
(Brian)
4) Break (10:30 - 11:00)

5) Joint Meeting with XForms (11:00 - 12:30)

6) Requirements Proposals II (12:30 - 13:00)

6a) Requirements and issues from XForms Discussion

6b) Web Services Requirements
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Sep/0036.html  
(Hal)

7) Lunch (13:00 - 14:00)

8) Joint Meeting with EXI (14:00 - 15:30)

9) Break (15:30 - 16:00)

10) Requirements III (16:00 - 17:00)

10a) Issues and requirements from  EXI discussion

11) Web Apps preparation discussion

12) Action Review (17:00 - 17:45)

12a) Close Pending Actions

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-pending.html

13) Wrap up Day 1 (17:45 - 18:00)

Summarize day, plans for Tuesday. Wrap up for day.

Tuesday 21 October

14) Welcome and Administrative (8:30 - 8:45)

14a) Scribe, minutes
scribing
Bruce Rich, IBM, am
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft, pm

15) Xproc and XML discussion preparation (8:45 - 9:30)

16) XProc and XML discussion with Norm Walsh (9:30 - 10:30)
In XML Security room.

17) Break (10:30 - 11:00)

18) Joint Meeting with WebApps (11:00 - 12:00)

19) Lunch (12:00 - 13:00)

20) Requirements discussion (13:00 - 13:30)

20a) Transform Requirements

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/att-0036/00-part 
  (Pratik)

20b) Model requirements - infoset, XPath etc

20c) Namespace requirements?

20d) Review issues and open actions associated with use cases and  
requirements

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/products/5

21) NVDL introduction (Rob) (13:30 -14:00)

22) v.next issues discussion (14:00 -15:00)

22a) Transform primitives
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Oct/0000.html  
(Konrad)

impact on requirements, relationship?

22b)  v.next Issues review

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/open

22c) other v.next topics

23) Break (15:00 - 15: 30)

24) Review Actions

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately

25) Issues list review and discussion (15:30 - 16:30)

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/open

26) Other Topics (errata, maintenance etc) (16:30 - 17:30)

27) Next steps (17:30 - 18:00)

Meeting schedule, other.

28) Adjourn

Scribing  list (to be updated)
----------------
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert ()
Magnus Nyström, EMC ()
Leonard Rosenthol, Adobe ()
Anil Saldhana, Red Hat ()
Ed Simon, Invited Expert ()
John Wray, IBM ()
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft ()
Konrad Lanz, IAIK (16 July F2F am)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (16 July F2F pm)
Bruce Rich, IBM (17 July F2F am)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (29 July 2008)
Sean Mullan, Sun (12 August 2008)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (19 August 2008)
Subramanian Chidambaram, Nokia (26 August)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (2 September 2008)
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert (9 September 2008)
Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (16  
September 2008)
Gerald Edgar, Boeing (7 October 2008)
Chris Solc, Adobe (20 October 2008 F2F am)
Robert Miller, MITRE (20 October 2008 F2F pm)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 20 October 2008 20:47:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:55 GMT