Proposed text regarding first class object principle

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:00:22 -0500
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>

At the F2F we agreed to incorporate the Principles into the
requirements document, with some edits [1]. The latest draft reflects
these changes [2].

One comment that I did not incorporate was to add additional text
describing first class objects.

The current text has the following:

XML Signatures are First Class Objects:XML Signatures should
themselves be self-describing first class XML objects [XMLDSIG-REQS]

I suggest we add the following to give more detail on first class

"This means that XML Signatures can be referenced via URI and used in
other operations. For example, an XML Signature may be signed or
encrypted, or referred to in a statement  (such as an RDF statement)."

This is related to ACTION-84.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/20-xmlsec-minutes#item04

[2]  http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html#principles