Proposed text regarding first class object principle

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:00:22 -0500
To: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>

At the F2F we agreed to incorporate the Principles into the
requirements document, with some edits [1]. The latest draft reflects
these changes [2].

One comment that I did not incorporate was to add additional text
describing first class objects.

The current text has the following:

---
XML Signatures are First Class Objects:XML Signatures should
themselves be self-describing first class XML objects [XMLDSIG-REQS]
---

I suggest we add the following to give more detail on first class
objects:

"This means that XML Signatures can be referenced via URI and used in
other operations. For example, an XML Signature may be signed or
encrypted, or referred to in a statement  (such as an RDF statement)."

This is related to ACTION-84.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/20-xmlsec-minutes#item04

[2]  http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html#principles