XML Schema validation after adding a signature

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:42:22 -0400
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
To: public-xmlsec@w3.org

Advances in XML Schema 1.1 may make it possible to generically enable
XML documents to be XML Schema validated, even after the addition of
an XML Signature, and even without pre-defining a slot in the
document schema specifically for XML Signature. This could enable
additional XML Signature adoption by removing an issue related to XML
validation after signing.

This might be done using ubiquitous wildcarding [1].

I'm not an expert on this - are any XML Security WG members familiar
with XML Schema 1.1 and able to discuss this with the WG?
We should also discuss with XML Schema WG if possible.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema11-1/#Wildcards