Re: Scheme key constraints xpath subset

From: Pratik Datta <pratik.datta@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:44:10 -0800
To: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
CC: XMLSec WG Public List <public-xmlsec@w3.org>, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>

I looked at this XPath profile, it is a subset of the XPath profile that
I was proposing.

this XPath profile allows you to only use the child axis, and use simple
XPaths like these

In my subset there were some extra things
* The last step can have a Predicate involving attributes e.g. like this
  /soap:Envelope/soap:Header[@actor = "nextMSH"]

(ebxml uses an XPath filter in their signature which uses an attribute

* descendant axis does not need to be only at the beginning, e.g. it is
possible to do

I am not sure why this XPath profile limited // to be only at the
beginning, and only to be used for relative paths

This is what this profile says:
 Path    ::=    ('.//')? Step ( '/' Step )*

This is for my ACTION-107 Look at XSL streaming