W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > August 2008

Agenda: Distributed meeting #4 2008-08-26

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:35:50 -0400
Message-Id: <142C48F8-A042-4FA3-8E23-C4266B8A4E77@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
To: XMLSec WG XMLSec W3C <public-xmlsec@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security WG (XMLSec)
Teleconference 26 August  2008
Distributed Meeting #4

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
      <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  
chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: Juan Carlos Cruellas,  Rob Miller

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Subramanian Chidambaram is scheduled to scribe (might arrive 15  
minutes late).

The current scribe list is at the end of this message, will rotate  
through this list.

     Scribe Instructions:
     http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning: weekly meetings

This WG meets weekly on Tuesdays 10-12 Eastern unless a meeting is  
cancelled.  Upcoming meeting information is available on the WG  
Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#upcoming-meetings

Next meeting 26 August. TBD is scheduled to scribe.

1c)  Meeting planning: Technical Plenary / Advisory Committee  
Meetings Week, 20 - 24 October 2008

TPAC Overview: http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Overview.html
Important dates:
Hotel reservation deadline 8 September.

W3C Registration deadline 28 September, http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/ 
35125/TPAC2008/

XML Security scheduled Monday 20 October - Tuesday 21 October, please  
add to your calendar
Schedule: http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Schedule

1d)  Meeting planning: F2F planning

First F2F in Redwood City, CA, January/February
Please complete questionnaire regarding available dates  
(questionnaire open to 9 Sept)

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42458/xmlsecearly2009/

2) Announcements/Reviews

2a) XAdES plugfest
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0003.html

2b) XProc

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Aug/0008.html

2c) Updated NIST drafts

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0027.html

See related ACTION-36.

2d) Request for Tech Plenary topics

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2008Aug/0010.html

3)  Minutes Approval

3a)  Minutes from 19 August  for approval:
http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-xmlsec-minutes.html

4) Completed Actions Pending Review

These actions have been completed (marked as pending review by owner  
of action) and may be closed if WG agrees.

Actions pending review are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/ 
2008/xmlsec/track/actions/pendingreview
pending review] ACTION-5: Frederick Hirsch to Check how the formal  
OASIS liasion is working. - due 2008-08-19 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/5
[pending review] ACTION-12: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Review archive  
from maint. group to revisit type issue - due 2008-07-24 [on Rqmts  
(XML Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/12

Defer discussion until Juan Carlos returns.

[pending review] ACTION-23: Frederick Hirsch to Contact EXI re  
signature/verification use cases - due 2008-08-19 [on Rqmts (XML  
Signature and Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/23
see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0033.html

[pending review] ACTION-25: Frederick Hirsch to Give feedback on xml  
schema best practice in xml-cg - due 2008-08-19 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/25
[pending review] ACTION-28: Thomas Roessler to update OASIS liaison  
information recorded at W3C: http://www.w3.org/2001/11/ 
StdLiaison#OASIS - due 2008-08-08 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/28

see http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison#OASIS

[pending review] ACTION-34: Thomas Roessler to Set up questionnaire  
for next meeting - due 2008-08-26 [on WG-Tools]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/34
[pending review] ACTION-35: Frederick Hirsch to Contact XML  
Processing WG - due 2008-08-26 [on WG-Coordination]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/35

see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0035.html

[pending review] ACTION-45: Thomas Roessler to Produce template for  
requirements document - due 2008-08-26 [on Rqmts (XML Signature and  
Canonicalization V Next Requirements)]

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/45

see http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html


5) Best Practices

Accept changes provided in review comments?
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0000.html

Action to update best practices document

6) Use Cases and Requirements

6a) Comment on requirements template

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Drafts/xmlsec-reqs/Overview.html

6b) Nodesets

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/att-0040/00- 
part (Pratik)

7) v.next discussions

7a) PIs and schema

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0031.html  
(Sean)

7b) S/Mime vs minimal XML Signature

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0036.html  
(Scott)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2008Aug/0038.html  
(Thomas)


8) Issues List

Procedure for creating issues: http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#issues

9) Open Action item review

Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/ 
track/actions/open

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions

Please review open action list and update your actions appropriately:

http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/actions-open.html

10) Any other business

11) Adjourn

Scribing  list
-----------
Juan Carlos Cruellas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya ()
Subramanian Chidambaram, Nokia ()

Gerald Edgar, Boeing ()
Bradley Hill, Invited Expert ()
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft ()
Robert Miller, MITRE ()
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert ()
Magnus Nyström, EMC ()
Leonard Rosenthol, Adobe ()
Anil Saldhana, Red Hat ()
Ed Simon, Invited Expert ()
John Wray, IBM ()
Kelvin Yiu, Microsoft ()
Konrad Lanz, IAIK (16 July F2F am)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (16 July F2F pm)
Bruce Rich, IBM (17 July F2F am)
Chris Solc, Adobe (17 July F2F pm)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (29 July 2008)
Sean Mullan, Sun (12 August 2008)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (19 August 2008)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Friday, 22 August 2008 01:36:36 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:43:54 GMT