W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > May 2008

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2008-05-20 v2

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:22:00 -0400
Message-Id: <A06C7F0F-C120-4D71-8E23-D89D41114D58@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
To: XMLSec <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG (XMLSec) v2
Teleconference 20 May 2008
Distributed Meeting #39

v2 add call for participation link, agenda item on Signature RFC,  
update on Signature (addresses), add regrets, update actions.

9-10:00 am Eastern Time

(Boston 9am, Dublin 2pm, CET/Paris 3pm)

Zakim Bridge:
        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
      <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  
chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: Thomas Roessler, Shivaram Mysore

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Ed Simon  is scheduled to scribe.

The current scribe list is at the end of this message.

     Scribe Instructions (updated):
     http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning

Meeting schedule is available on WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#meetings

No meeting 27 May.

Next Meeting 3 June 2008. John Wray is scheduled to scribe at that  
meeting

1c) F2F Planned

F2F for next WG planned. 16-17 July, Barcelona.

2)  Minutes from 2008-05-06 for approval:

http://www.w3.org/2008/05/06-xmlsec-minutes.html

3) XML Signature, Syntax and Processing (Second Edition)  Proposed  
Edited Recommendation

3a) Questionnaire AC review completed, no more comments.

3b) Document status

Updated with fixes to editorial and reference issues
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008May/ 
0015.html

Additional update to remove XSL reference
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008May/ 
0023.html

Correction to Donald Eastlake address.

Document red-line
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/

Updated explanation document
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/explain.html

Next steps are transition request and publication.

3c) RFC publication

Donald Eastlake is working on publication of corresponding RFC.

4) XML Security chartering

Approved, Call for Participation announced
see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008May/ 
0003.html (member only)

Please ask AC Rep to register participants.

5) Relax NG Schema

All: Please review draft RNG schema provided by Norm Walsh

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008May/ 
0005.html

Test results from Thomas (trang to xml schema then xml lint results):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008May/ 
0007.html

6) Best Practices

Editors draft
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-bestpractices/

Open action to incorporate material accepted on last teleconference.

List discussion regarding RetrievalMethod looping
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008May/ 
0022.html

Denial of service tests (!) [Pratik]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008May/ 
0025.html

Streaming Web Services [Konrad]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008May/ 
0026.html

7) Action item review

     Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2007/ 
xmlsec/Group/track/actions/open
     Text list: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/actions-open.html

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions

7a) Update to v1 XML Signature and Encryption web pages

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0032.html (Donald)

[open] ACTION-151: Thomas Roessler to Implement don Eastlake's  
changes to xml signature home page - due 2008-05-12

7b) Progressing test case document to W3C Note

http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html
shortname of "xmldsig2ed-tests"
transition request action(Frederick), publication action (Thomas)

[open] ACTION-154: Frederick Hirsch to Make transition request for  
test case document - due 2008-05-13
[open] ACTION-153: Thomas Roessler to Make the publication of test  
case document happen - due 2008-05-13

7c) XMLHttpRequest review request

All, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2008May/0004.html

7d) Add accepted best practices material
[open] ACTION-155: Frederick Hirsch to add timestamp/nonce material  
from Hal Lockhart to best practices document - due 2008-05-19
Completed, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec- 
maintwg/2008May/0028.html

[open] ACTION-156: Frederick Hirsch to incorporate Pratik update to  
best practices on transforms - due 2008-05-19
Completed, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec- 
maintwg/2008May/0028.html

[open] ACTION-157: Frederick Hirsch to incorporate Sean's best  
practice material - due 2008-05-19
Completed, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec- 
maintwg/2008May/0028.html

7e) Identifiers registry

[open] ACTION-150: Phillip Hallam-Baker to distribute a draft  
regarding identifiers registry - due 2008-04-15

Update:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0004.html (Phill)

8) Any other business

9) Adjourn

Scribing  list
-----------
Konrad Lanz (6 June 2007, 11 Sept 2007, 9 October 2007)
Ed Simon (26 June 2007, 30 Oct 2007, 11 Dec 2007)
Phillip Hallam-Baker (22 May 2007, 28 Aug 2007, 18 December 2007)
Bruce Rich (4 Sept 2007, 8 January 2008)
Hal Lockhart (10 July 2007, 23 October 2007, F2F 9 Nov 2007, 15  
January 2008)
John Wray (29 January 2008)
Juan Carlos Cruellas (15 May 2007, 16 October 2007, 19 February 2008)
Sean Mullan (F2F 3 May 07 pm; 14 Aug 07, 15 January 2008, 26  
February  2008)
Pratik Datta (F2F 9 Nov, 2007, 18 March 2008)
Rob Miller  (F2F 2 May 07 pm; 7 Aug 07, F2F 8 Nov 2007, 1 April 2008)
Thomas Roessler (17 July 2007; 17 Apr 07, 27 Nov 07, 4 December 2007,  
12 February 2008, 15 April 2008)
Shivaram Mysore (5 February 2008, 5 May 2008)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG
Received on Monday, 19 May 2008 18:23:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 19 May 2008 18:23:04 GMT