Re: Best Practices process

There could be an xml:id or a wsu:Id (in case it is part of web services)
I didn't notice that RetrievalMethod doesn't have an ID. In our
implementation we consider any attribute named "Id" that is a child of
an element in the dsig or xenc namespace, to be ID attribute.
Also there could be Xpath tranform pointing to the RetrievalMethod.

In the retrieval method processing, we dereference the ID, execute the
transforms, and result of that should be a KeyInfoData.  Now
RetrievalMethod is also a KeyInfoData. So RetrievalMethod can point to
another RetrievalMethod which can point to yet another and so on.  And
this could form a cycle.

Pratik