W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > May 2008

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2008-05-06

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 09:50:08 -0400
Message-Id: <A22449B6-7633-4B1E-B8CC-097652A0465F@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
To: XMLSec <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG (XMLSec)
Teleconference 6 May 2008
Distributed Meeting #38

9-10:00 am Eastern Time

(Boston 9am, Dublin 2pm, CET/Paris 3pm)

Zakim Bridge:
        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
      <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  
chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets: Sean Mullan

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Shivaram Mysore  is scheduled to scribe.

The current scribe list is at the end of this message.

     Scribe Instructions (updated):
     http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

1b)   Meeting planning

Meeting schedule is available on WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#meetings

Question: Schedule meeting on 13 May?

Meeting 20 May 2008. ? is scheduled to scribe at that meeting.

No meeting 27 May.

1c) Message has been sent to WS-I Basic Security Profile (BSP) group  
re DNames

See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0002.html (members only)

1d) Widget SIgning Specification Review (WAF)

Review comments from Thomas:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0006.html

Review comments from Frederick on updated version (First Public  
Review Draft)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0022.html

Response
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0028.html

2)  Minutes from 2008-04-15 for approval:

http://www.w3.org/2008/04/15-xmlsec-minutes.html

3) All - Please ask your AC Representative to complete XML Signature,  
Syntax and Processing (Second Edition)  Proposed Edited  
Recommendation questionnaire before 9 May (deadline was extended)

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/xmlsigper2008/

Extension: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2008Apr/0006.html

AC discussion
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2008AprJun/0022.html
Noted typo: Please make this one simple Editorial fix: change the  
spelling of "approriate" with "appropriate" in section 4.4.4.1

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2008AprJun/0055.html

4) All - Please ask your AC Representative to review and complete the  
Security Activity Proposal/Proposed XMLSec Charter questionnaire  
before 9 May (deadline extended), as well as reviewing plans to  
participate

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/xmlsec2008/

Extension: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/ 
2008Apr/0006.html

AC list comments
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2008AprJun/0039.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-forum/2008AprJun/0054.html

5) F2F Planning - Status?

Proposed date week of 14 July 2008, eg. 15-17 July, potentially in  
Europe.

Possible hosts?

6) XML Signature, Second Edition, Issues

6a) Typo correction
  Editorial fix: change the spelling of "approriate" with  
"appropriate" in section 4.4.4.1

6b) References corrections

Review comment
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0031.html

Reference Proposal (Frederick)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0033.html

Unicode proposal (Mohamed)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0034.html

Possible concern  (Konrad)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0035.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008May/ 
0001.html (Response, Thomas)

6c) LDAP-DN links need to be to current document (editorial)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008May/ 
0001.html (Konrad)

6d) Other comments?

7) Update to v1 XML Signature and Encryption web pages

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0032.html (Donald)

ACTION-151 for Thomas to update web pages assigned.

8) Relax NG Schema

8a) Current Relax NG schema is different from XML Schema

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0023.html (Rob Miller)

(anyThing definition: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public- 
xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/0025.html (Thomas))

8b) Relax NG Schema styling/approach - Norm Walsh comments

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0027.html (Hal Lockhart)

Next step - craft new Relax NG schema. Volunteers?

9) Progressing test case document to W3C Note

http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmlsig-interop-doc/testcases.html

shortname, see discussion at http://www.w3.org/2008/02/05-xmlsec- 
minutes.html#item05

Propose shortname of "xmldsig2ed-tests"

Resolution to accept shortname "xmldsig2ed-tests"

e.g. http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/<NOTE-xmldsign2ed-tests-2008MMDD/

Previous status: http://www.w3.org/2008/04/15-xmlsec-minutes.html#item04

Resolution to publish in current form followed by transition request  
action(Frederick), publication action (Thomas)

10) Best Practices

Editors draft
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-bestpractices/

10a) Process (Frederick)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0026.html

10b) Timestamps and Nonces (Hal)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0018.html

References on topic (Konrad)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0021.html

11) Signing Legacy XML (Sean)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0029.html

Relate to DSS (Konrad)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0030.html

12) Revision on transforms and denial of service best practices (Pratik)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008May/ 
att-0000/00-part

13) Action item review

     Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2007/ 
xmlsec/Group/track/actions/open
     Text list: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/actions-open.html

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions

[open] ACTION-150: Phillip Hallam-Baker to distribute a draft  
regarding identifiers registry - due 2008-04-15

Update:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Apr/ 
0004.html (Phill)
[open] ACTION-151: Thomas Roessler to Implement don Eastlake's  
changes to xml signature home page - due 2008-05-12

14) Any other business

15) Adjourn

Scribing  list
-----------
Konrad Lanz (6 June 2007, 11 Sept 2007, 9 October 2007)
Ed Simon (26 June 2007, 30 Oct 2007, 11 Dec 2007)
Phillip Hallam-Baker (22 May 2007, 28 Aug 2007, 18 December 2007)
Bruce Rich (4 Sept 2007, 8 January 2008)
Hal Lockhart (10 July 2007, 23 October 2007, F2F 9 Nov 2007, 15  
January 2008)
John Wray (29 January 2008)
Shivaram Mysore (5 February 2008)
Juan Carlos Cruellas (15 May 2007, 16 October 2007, 19 February 2008)
Sean Mullan (F2F 3 May 07 pm; 14 Aug 07, 15 January 2008, 26  
February  2008)
Pratik Datta (F2F 9 Nov, 2007, 18 March 2008)
Rob Miller  (F2F 2 May 07 pm; 7 Aug 07, F2F 8 Nov 2007, 1 April 2008)
Thomas Roessler (17 July 2007; 17 Apr 07, 27 Nov 07, 4 December 2007,  
12 February 2008, 15 April 2008)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG
Received on Monday, 5 May 2008 13:51:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 5 May 2008 13:51:56 GMT