W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > March 2008

Draft minutes: xmlsec maint wg 2008-03-18

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:01:10 +0100
To: public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org
Message-ID: <20080318140110.GA1268@iCoaster.does-not-exist.org>

Draft minutes from our meeting on 2008-03-18 are available online
here:

   http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-xmlsec-minutes.html

A text version is included below the .signature.

-- 
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>




   [1]W3C

                                   - DRAFT -

      XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group Teleconference

18 Mar 2008

   [2]Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log

Attendees

   Present
          HalLockhart, RobMiller, SeanMullan, ShivaramMysore, BruceRich,
          EdSimon, PHallamBaker, PratikDatta, FrederickHirsch,
          ThomasRoessler, JohnWray

   Regrets
   Chair
          Frederick Hirsch

   Scribe
          Pratik Datta

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Administrative
         2. [6]review WAF document
         3. [7]XML Signature 2nd edition
         4. [8]FIPS references
         5. [9]testcase document
         6. [10]best practices
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________________

Administrative

   <fjh> charter - [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/xmlsec-charter.html

   <tlr> no more changes, please! ;-)

   rdmiller is going to scribe next week

   tlr: charter should get out really soon now

   fjh: plenary in october

   <fjh>
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0
   007.html

   fjh: our group won't exit

   --- questionaire when will be the follow up group like to meet

   <tlr> [14]http://www.flickr.com/photos/roessler/107144618/

   scribe: WSC may be a conflict, WAF may be too

   fjh: Monday and Tuesday should be ok

review WAF document

   <fjh>
   [15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0
   001.html

   <fjh>
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0
   002.html

   hal: will send comments to waf about v3 certs

   fjh: will send messsage to WS-I BSP

   hal: send a message to Paul at first

   <fjh> minutes [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-xmlsec-minutes.html

   hal: then send a message to the list after we go public

   RESOLUTION: meeting minutes from 26 Feb approved

XML Signature 2nd edition

FIPS references

   <tlr> actually, the link checker noticed

   <tlr>
   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0
   003.html

   <tlr>
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0
   000.html

   <tlr> 0003.html is Oracle's response, 0000.html is Frederick's message.

   fjh: one document added DSA algorithm, second added to more hash
   algorithms

   <tlr> brich: we don't see any isuse with changing the reference

   <tlr> fjh: on list?

   <tlr> brich: think I did that

   <tlr> fjh: sean, anything from you?

   <tlr> sean: double-checking internally, should have answer later today

   hal: don't see any changes in the last eight years

   tlr: this is a relatively old change

   hal: last change is Oct 5th 2001
   ... this should not be any issue to somebody with their own crypto
   toolkit or buying a crypto toolkit
   ... in general they are going to phase out SHA1

   sean: would know by end of today

   <tlr> PROPOSED: go ahead with change unless objections by e-mail at
   close of business Eastern tomorrow (19 March)

   <tlr> RESOLUTION: Accept FIPS reference changes unless objections by
   e-mail at close of business Eastern tomorrow (19 March)

testcase document

   fjh: action item with tlr

best practices

   hal: this week will post a few notes

   <tlr> no process problem with that

   fjh: actions 147 and 148 are still open

   <EdS> Ed: Please keep me updated re the EXI work when you hear back
   from JCC.

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([21]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/03/18 13:54:53 $

References

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0005.html
   3. http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-xmlsec-irc
   4. http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#agenda
   5. http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#item01
   6. http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#item02
   7. http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#item03
   8. http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#item04
   9. http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#item05
  10. http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#item06
  11. http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#ActionSummary
  12. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/xmlsec-charter.html
  13. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Feb/0007.html
  14. http://www.flickr.com/photos/roessler/107144618/
  15. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0001.html
  16. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0002.html
  17. http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-xmlsec-minutes.html
  18. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0003.html
  19. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Mar/0000.html
  20. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  21. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

-- 
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>
Received on Tuesday, 18 March 2008 14:01:46 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 18 March 2008 14:01:46 GMT