Re: Best practices: time-stamps comments

Dear all,
For me there is an additional issue that should be mentioned: the XAdES
(and RFC 3161) time-stamp is signed by a trusted third party, the
Time-stamp Authority, which is trusted to provide trusted time values.
If I sign a time indication this does not convert this "time-stamp" in
something worth to be trusted; if this is done by a TSA acting as a
trusted third party, the time-stamp actually proves that what was
timestamped actually existed before the time indicated within the
time-stamp.
I would include this mention to the trustworthiness of time.stamps
issued by TSAs...

Regards

Juan Carlos.