Re: Best practices: time-stamps comments

The word "timestamp"  means two different things in WSS and XAdES

In WSS, the timestamp is just a dateTime value. It represents the time,
the signature was created, or the time the signature expires.
But in XAdes and DSS timestamp is actually a signature which signs a
dateTime Value and message Digest.

To avoid confusion we need to use a different name for these two
concepts. I changed the document to use "dateTime" or "Signing time" for
the WSS meaning of timestamp. I also added a separate section for XAdES.

http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-bestpractices/

Pratik