Re: Charter decision next Tuesday

Frederick Hirsch wrote:

> As we discussed in the this week's teleconference  we plan to agree as a
> working group on next week's call (22 January) to advance the draft
> charter proposal [1] into the Advisory Committee review process.
>
> This means we agree that the draft we have is substantively correct and
> that the next step is to put it into the appropriate document format,
> perform some minor editorial adjustments and share with the W3C Team and
> then Advisory Committee representatives for review.
>
> We would like to complete the chartering process so as to be able to
> have a new working group start in April.
>
> If you have any review comments or concerns with this charter, please
> raise on the list before next weeks call.

In "Further development of XML Signature" the first bullet is:

  * Resolve and clarify known issues and errata with the existing
specification.

Should we make it more clear what the "existing specification" means? I
assume this means the to-be-published xmldsig-core 2nd Edition.

Editorial nit -
It might be nice to add hyperlinks to the documents in the Maintenance
section and other sections in the charter.

--Sean