W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > January 2008

Agenda: Distributed meeting 2008-01-15

From: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:33:39 -0500
Message-Id: <DE93E384-AA24-4055-8F1B-105E53B3FE1B@nokia.com>
Cc: Frederick Hirsch <frederick.hirsch@nokia.com>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
To: XMLSec <public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org>

Agenda: W3C XML Security Specifications Maintenance WG (XMLSec)
Teleconference 15 January 2008
Distributed Meeting #28

9-10:30 am Eastern Time

(Boston 9am, Dublin 2pm, CET/Paris 3pm)

Zakim Bridge:
        +1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')
IRC Chat:
      irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec
Web-based IRC (member-only):
      <http://cgi.w3.org/member-bin/irc/irc.cgi>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  
restricted to registered WG participants and persons invited by the  
chair.

Chair: Frederick Hirsch

Regrets:  none

1) Administrivia: scribe confirmation, next meeting, other

1a)  Sean Mullan is scheduled to scribe.

The current scribe list is at the end of this message.

     Scribe Instructions (updated):
     http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

? is scheduled to scribe 22 January 2008.

1b)   Meeting planning

Meeting schedule is available on WG Administrative page:
http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#meetings

Next meeting 22 January 2008.

1c)  Request from WAF to review access control
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Nov/ 
0015.html

Hal is reviewing this.

2) Minutes

2a)  Minutes from 2008-01-08 for approval:

Member Confidential Minutes:
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/08-xmlsec-minutes.html

Make these public?

3) C14N11 Implementation report and  Test Case document

3a) Request for implementation information (member only)

Please respond this week (preferably before 15 January meeting)

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/ 
0003.html

3b) Status of outstanding implementation issues

All test cases for C14N11 now completed, all entries in  
implementation report are green!

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/ 
0028.html

3c) Test case document

Document updated by Sean. All updates completed.  Build script  
updated as well.

Incorporated comments from Frederick about Appendix A tests.
Removed unused DName tests that are considered redundant  
(dNString-1,2,3,5,7,9)
Removed reference to RFC 4512 (no longer used)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-commits/2008Jan/ 
0021.html

Renamed xpointer tests from "xmldsigxpointer*" to "xpointer*", which  
is compliant with the test naming syntax.
Included signatures in xpointer tables.
Fixed a couple of typos.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-commits/2008Jan/ 
0025.html

Enhanced build to post-process long XML examples so that it fits in  
width of page.
Requires perl and tidy utilities to be in your PATH.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-commits/2008Jan/ 
0020.html

Wrapping fix updated
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/ 
0025.html

Review comments?

4) XML Signature implementation report

Template
Status of tests

5) XML Signature

XML Signature Editors draft: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/ 
xmldsig-core

Updated acknowledgments section, please review.

6) Chartering

Wiki draft, as updated in F2F

http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/wiki/charter

Additional minor update

Further development of XML Encryption, added algorithms:
"Develop an update to the XML Encryption specification to ensure  
consistency with possible changes to the XML Signature specification,  
and to accommodate additional cryptographic algorithms as determined  
necessary"

Question
Is it sufficiently clear that "The Working Group may only make  
changes of classes 1, 2, and 3 as outlined in section 7.6.2 of the  
Process document." within maintenance work section only applies to  
that section?

7) Best Practices

7a) Practices from Workshop and XMLSec meetings

Review status

8) Action item review

     Open actions are listed in Tracker at http://www.w3.org/2007/ 
xmlsec/Group/track/actions/open
     Text list: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/actions-open.html

Procedure for closing actions: http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/ 
Overview.html#closing-actions
[OPEN] ACTION-74: Frederick Hirsch to Update Acknowledgements section  
in XML SIgnature 2nd edition - due 2007-10-09
see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2008Jan/ 
0027.html

[OPEN] ACTION-112: Thomas Roessler to Prepare interop report template  
- due 2007-11-15
Open (done for C14N11, open for XML Signature)

[OPEN] ACTION-115: Juan Carlos Cruellas to Review EXI with respect to  
correct XML Security usage - due 2007-12-10
Open

[OPEN] ACTION-128: Sean Mullan to Implement fix to section 3.2.5 in  
testcase doc - due 2008-01-15
Completed, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-commits/ 
2008Jan/0021.html


[OPEN] ACTION-129: Sean Mullan to Rename the xpointer tests as per  
doc - due 2008-01-15
Completed, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec- 
commits/2008Jan/0025.html

[OPEN] ACTION-130: Sean Mullan to Remove unused DName cases from the  
doc - due 2008-01-15
Completed, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec-commits/ 
2008Jan/0021.html

[OPEN] ACTION-131: Frederick Hirsch to Update xmlsec public web page  
with pointer to wiki draft charter - due 2008-01-15
Completed, see http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/#news

[OPEN] ACTION-132: Thomas Roessler to Send message to public-xmlsec- 
discuss - due 2008-01-15
Completed, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec- 
discuss/2008Jan/0001.html

[OPEN] ACTION-133: Frederick Hirsch to Respond to Magnus re  
DerivedKey - due 2008-01-15

Completed, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec- 
discuss/2008Jan/0000.html

9) Any other business

10) Adjourn

Scribing  list
-----------
Sean Mullan (F2F 3 May 07 pm; 14 Aug 07)
Anthony Nadalin (31 July 2007)
Giles Hogben  (29 May 2007, 21 Aug 07)
Konrad Lanz (6 June 2007, 11 Sept 2007, 9 October 2007)
Juan Carlos Cruellas (15 May 2007, 16 October 2007)
Rob Miller  (F2F 2 May 07 pm; 7 Aug 07, F2F 8 Nov 2007)
Hal Lockhart (10 July 2007, 23 October 2007, F2F 9 Nov 2007)
Pratik Datta (F2F 9 Nov, 2007)
Thomas Roessler (17 July 2007; 17 Apr 07, 27 Nov 07, 4 December 2007)
Ed Simon (26 June 2007, 30 Oct 2007, 11 Dec 2007)
Phillip Hallam-Baker (22 May 2007, 28 Aug 2007, 18 December 2007)
Bruce Rich (4 Sept 2007, 8 January 2008)

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia
Received on Saturday, 12 January 2008 15:34:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Saturday, 12 January 2008 15:34:05 GMT