W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org > January 2008

meeting record: XML Sec weekly 2007-12-18

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 22:04:02 +0100
To: public-xmlsec-maintwg@w3.org
Message-ID: <20080108210401.GA19569@iCoaster.does-not-exist.org>

Minutes from our meeting on 2007-12-18 were approved and are
available online here:

   http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes-public.html

A text version is included below the .signature.

-- 
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>




   [1]W3C

      XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group Teleconference
                                  18 Dec 2007

   [2]Agenda

   See also: [3]IRC log, [4]member-confidential full minutes

Attendees

   Present
          Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas, pdatta, rdmiller, sean, PHB, klanz2,
          Hal, Ed_Simon, jcc, Shivaram

   Regrets
          Bruce, Rich

   Chair
          Frederick Hirsch

   Scribe
          PHB2, tlr

Contents

     * [5]Topics
         1. [6]Approval of Minutes
         2. [7]Interop and Test Cases
         3. [8]Implementation Report
         4. [9]XML Signature
         5. [10]Chartering
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________________



   <fjh> Agenda:
   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0
   025.html

   <fjh> ScribeNick: PHB2

   <fjh> Agenda:
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0
   025.html

   <fjh> public minutes
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-xmlsec-minutes-public.html

Approval of minutes...

   <tlr> ups, I didn't actually announce them to the list

   <fjh> member only [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-xmlsec-minutes.html

   <tlr> [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-xmlsec-minutes.html
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-xmlsec-minutes-public.html

   <tlr> RESOLUTION: minutes approved, barring objections by e-mail before
   tomorrow

   RESOLUTION: Minutes approved unless objection by email received by end
   of day

   <fjh> WG Charter extended to 31 March

   We share redline with XML core

   fjh: XML core has sent some replies to our comments asking if they have
   satisfied concerns ... response appears to be yes,

   <fjh>
   [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0
   014.html

   Did we address change about reverting language that was confusing at
   the interop?

   FH: We need to answer yes asap in order to let them go to PR does
   anyone need more time, is silence consent? lets go through them all and
   do one resolution. Second one was base language, third removing a table
   and replacing with ours

   FH: Resolution: approve the changes

   <fjh> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: WG agrees to respond "yes" to XML Core on
   three comment disposition requests

   <fjh> RESOLUTION: WG agrees to respond "yes" to XML Core on three
   comment disposition requests noted in agenda

   <fjh> Agenda:
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0
   025.html

Interop and Test Cases

   FH: is this work complete, does Juan Carlos want time for review?

   Juan Carlos: have not had a chance, give me an action,

   <fjh> ACTION: jcc review test case naming changes and updated test case
   document [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-123 - Review test case naming changes and
   updated test case document [on Juan Carlos Cruellas - due 2007-12-25].

   FH: don't want to load you if you are busy

   <fjh>
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0
   009.html

   FH: next item, my editorial comments on test cases and stuff can we
   assign this as an action to an editor(s)

   Sean: can assign to me

   <Zakim> tlr, you wanted to ask if we aim to go for another round of
   polishing and creation of a WG Note

   tlr: looking through interop do at least two thirds the way to
   something we might want to publish more broadly. Would editors be
   willing to take time to make a formal WG note to preserve test cases
   etc. for posterity etc.

   Konrad: I can help there, just need a concrete target defined

   <jcc> yes, make a resolution....

   FH: should we make a resolution to turn into a note?

   tlr: first decision point is to decide we want to, then second point to
   request publication of a particular version.

   <fjh> Proposed RESOLUTION: WG would like to make test case document a
   W3C Note, formal decision later

   <klanz2> +1

   <jcc> +1

   <fjh> RESOLUTION: WG would like to make test case document a W3C Note,
   formal decision later

   <shivaram> +1

   +1

   <fjh> ACTION: Sean Review and implement changes noted in
   [22]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0
   009.html [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-124 - Review and implement changes noted
   in
   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0
   009.html [on Sean Mullan - due 2007-12-25].

   FH: need some other stuff done, link anchors in the document to allow
   references into it.

   tlr: another thing for sean and me to think about

   <fjh> ACTION: tlr to update test cases document with anchors to enable
   links from implementation reports [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-125 - Update test cases document with
   anchors to enable links from implementation reports [on Thomas Roessler
   - due 2007-12-25].

   <tlr> Konrad, Juan Carlos, Sean volunteer to work on this.

   FH: what to do with use cases, best thing is for JC to review it

   JC: ok I will do that

   <fjh>
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmldsig/c14n11/report.html

   FH: next topic implementation report.

Implementation Report

   FH: mostly green only two entries are yellow

   JC: are they the new tasks (yes)

   FH: we need to do the one for signature as well and for canon 1.1 we
   need to update that implementation report so that the tests left are
   linked,  is this all with you or is it for the WG to make it happen?

   tlr: need links into the test cases and explanatory text, dont expect
   that much volume, not critical

   Konrad: can we do a diff version

   <fjh> Konrad: diff of test cases document possible

   tlr: it is not a property of the style sheet, is possible but if it is
   critical can do it but easier to do a changelog if thats OK

   FH: if you can help please send contribs to the list
   ... NEXT TOPIC

XML Signature

   <fjh> Namespace document update proposal in the agenda, discussed last
   week

   <tlr> ups

   FH: RFC 2723, RFC2986 issues, XML schema references former not latter,
   we are not blocked on this, we have language that deals with this
   appropriately, we don't need XML signature to be fixed

   FH: we don't require XML data types to reference latest URI RFC we are
   OK because we have the appropriate language in our spec

   FH: we don't have a problem

   <fjh> [27]http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/#sec-URI

   tlr: Part of the change we are proposing to 4431 is change to schema
   types right? But you better perform that escaping
   ... Would be prettier situation if the thing was to reference 3986 but
   don't know practical difference

   FH: OK so not a problem

   <fjh> ACTION: tlr check consistency of 4.3.3.1 and references [recorded
   in [28]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-126 - Check consistency of 4.3.3.1 and
   references [on Thomas Roessler - due 2007-12-25].

Chartering

   The group discussed the relationship of the proposed charter text to
   both the proposed derived key work item, and to standards work in other
   bodies that is layered on top of XML Signature. The group decided to
   keep the details of this discussion member-confidential. The
   discussion's resulted in an action item and a resolution:

   <tlr ACTION: tlr to propose change to charter draft that opens
   encryption, in a limited way [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-127 - Propose change to charter draft that
   opens encryption, in a limited way [on Thomas Roessler - due
   2007-12-25].

   <fjh> RESOLUTION: Group believes charter draft is broad enough to allow
   chartered WG to address derived key or other use case concerns and not
   need to explicitly call out examination of other stds work

   Full details are available from the [30]member-confidential full
   minutes.

   <fjh> action-122 closed

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-122 Propose concrete edit to proposed charter to
   deal with encryption / derived specs closed

   <klanz2> Happy Holidays, and a happy new year ...

   <EdSimon> Happy New Year everyone

   <tlr> happy holidays etc

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: jcc review test case naming changes and updated test case
   document [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: sean Review and implement changes noted in
   [32]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0
   009.html [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: tlr check consistency of 4.3.3.1 and references [recorded
   in [34]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: tlr to propose change to charter draft that opens
   encryption, in a limited way [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: tlr to update test cases document with anchors to enable
   links from implementation reports [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action03]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [37]scribe.perl version 1.128
    ([38]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/01/08 21:02:06 $

References

   1. http://www.w3.org/
   2. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0025.html
   3. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-irc
   4. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes
   5. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes-public.html#agenda
   6. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes-public.html#minutes
   7. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes-public.html#item01
   8. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes-public.html#item02
   9. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes-public.html#item03
  10. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes-public.html#item04
  11. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes-public.html#ActionSummary
  12. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0025.html
  13. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0025.html
  14. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-xmlsec-minutes-public.html
  15. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-xmlsec-minutes.html
  16. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-xmlsec-minutes.html
  17. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-xmlsec-minutes-public.html
  18. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0014.html
  19. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0025.html
  20. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01
  21. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0009.html
  22. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0009.html
  23. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02
  24. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0009.html
  25. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action03
  26. http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/interop/xmldsig/c14n11/report.html
  27. http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Drafts/xmldsig-core/#sec-URI
  28. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action04
  29. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action05
  30. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html
  31. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action01
  32. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec-maintwg/2007Dec/0009.html
  33. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action02
  34. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action04
  35. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action05
  36. http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-xmlsec-minutes.html#action03
  37. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  38. http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 8 January 2008 21:04:07 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 21:04:07 GMT